DURATIONLess than 30 Minutes
In your home.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Adult may be needed for delivery to our facility or the post office.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Many homebound seniors feel lonely in their daily lives. Because they don't get around as much as they used to, they often miss the daily human interactions they used to have and are grateful for every phone call, visit, letter, or email they receive. A homemade card from a caring person can really brighten a senior's day. It makes them feel loved and remembered.
Make colorful cards with words of encouragement for homebound seniors.
1. Card stock or paper
2. Paints, crayons, and/or markers
3. Stickers or other decorations to make the cards extra special
*Note: NO GLITTER OF ANY KIND PLEASE.
Grab your paper, pencils, crayons and/or markers and let your creativity flow.
1. Decide what kind of cards you want to make. We make deliveries every week day of the year!
2. Gather the necessary supplies to make your cards.
3. Sit down with siblings, friends or parents and make as many cards as you have the time and supplies to do so.
4. Mail your completed cards to:
Meals on Wheels of Long Beach
PO Box 15688
Long Beach, CA 90815
or drop off at our Business Office at:
317 Termino Ave
Long Beach, CA 90814
(We are located in the basement of the Belmont Heights United Methodist Church)