In your own home!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where divisiveness has been overcome and all people live together peacefully and harmoniously.
We believe in urgent action, innovation, and the necessity of transformation—within the world and our own organization.
By hanging this hand in hand wreath in your home, your showing your support for social justice.
We work in the community to promote positive race relations and achieve social justice.
Craft a wreath for ANY time of the year to hang in your home to show your support for SOCIAL JUSTICE!
Doing this activity for Create the Change®? Don't forget to register for the DIY CTC® Challenge to track your efforts and for your chance to join our end-of-week wrap party full of surprises!
View image here!
To make ONE wreath:
- 4 sheets of different skin shades of paper
- foam ring
- red paper to make a heart
- string or ribbon
A great activity for the whole family!
Check out this IG page to see an example of the finished hand in hand community wreath!
See "View Instructions" and required items/supplies list to get started!
- Check out this IG page to see an example of a finished Hand in Hand Community Wreath
- Trace your hand 8 times on the various skin tone colored paper (use variety!)
- Cut out the hand traces
- Glue the hands together to form a wreath (ring) shape on top of the foam ring
- Cut out a red heart to place at the bottom of the wreath (glue to the front of the wreath)
- Tie a bow on the back side of the wreath at the bottom
- HANG YOUR beautifully constructed Hand in Hand Community Wreath in your home!
- Be sure to let us know that you found this activity on PGK.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.