179 Amory St.
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Class, scout troop, or other group of like-minded kids (assumes an adult is also involved in the facilitation, but activity is geared toward group involvement and can be primarily completed by the children involved)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Here at Community Servings we believe in the power of food to heal and, most importantly, to bring hope to our clients who are dealing with critical or chronic illnesses. You will be preparing and packaging the food in our industrial kitchen which will then go out and be delivered to our clients. You will be directly helping those without access to healthy food, and who are too sick to go to the store or make food for their families.
If you like working in a fast-paced environment, working in a kitchen with food and great people, and you have a group of friends/family members to help you, then this opportunity is for you! Volunteers need to be at least 13 years old for this activity. Volunteers will work in the kitchen to prepare and package our meals that will be delivered to our clients in the community. We prepare and package over 2500 meals per day and rely heavily on volunteer help to make it happen.
1. Shoes that completely cover and protect your feet (sneakers and socks recommended)
2. Long pants without rips or tears
3. A long sleeved shirt
All volunteers for this activity must be 13 years or older.
Identify the group that will volunteer with you. For questions or to find out what shifts are available, contact Nate Ross, Manager of Volunteer Services, at (617) 522-7777 X228 or email@example.com. Volunteers must be 13 or older.
1. Assemble your group of volunteers. This could be a Boy Scout troop, classmates, teammates or friends/family from your neighborhood.
2. Contact Nate Ross, Manager of Volunteer Services, at (617) 522-7777 X228 or firstname.lastname@example.org to see what shifts are available. We offer weekday group volunteer shifts from 9-12pm, 1-4pm, 4-6pm and 6-8pm, and Saturday group volunteer shifts from 9-12pm and 1-3:30pm.
3. Choose a shift that works for your group from the list available and receive the confirmation email with our volunteer waiver and policies.
4. Come to Community Servings at the start of your shift and receive our orientation and safe food training which will be provided for the whole group.
5. Volunteer for your shift time and know you've helped provide essential nutrition to those suffering from critical and/or chronic health conditions.