18 Marbury Terrace
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
Ongoing activity throughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDClass, scout troop, or other group of like-minded kids (assumes an adult is also involved in the facilitation, but activity is geared toward group involvement and can be primarily executed by the children involved)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Here at Community Servings we believe in the power of food to heal and, most importantly, to bring hope to our clients who are dealing with critical or chronic illnesses. You will be preparing and packaging the food in our industrial kitchen which will then go out and be delivered to our clients. You will be directly helping those without access to healthy food, and who are too sick to go to the store or make food for thier families.
If you like working in a fast-paced environment, working in a kitchen with food and great people, and you have 5 or more friends/family members to help you, then this opportunity is for you! Volunteers need to be at least 13 years old for this activity. Volunteers will work in the kitchen to peel, chop, weigh meat, assemble meals, seal, label and lackage our meals that will be delivered to our clients in the community. We prepare and package over 2200 meals per day! Come help us accomplish this!
1. Group of 5-20 people
2. Shoes that completely cover and protect your feet (sneakers and socks recommended)
3. Long pants without rips or tears; shirt with at least t-shirt length sleeves
All volunteers for this activity must be 13 years or older. You must have 5-20 volunteers (total) to volunteer as a group.
Identify the group that will volunteer with you. For questions or to find out what shifts are available, contact Alexandra Fioretti, Manager of Volunteer Services, at (617) 522-7777 X228 or email@example.com. Volunteers must be 13 or older, and you must have 5-20 volunteers.
1. Assemble your group of volunteers. This could be a Boy Scout troop, classmates, teammates or friends/family from your neighborhood.
2. Contact Alexandra Fioretti, Manager of Volunteer Services, at (617) 522-7777 X228 or firstname.lastname@example.org to see what shifts are available.
3. Choose a shift that works for your group from the list available and receive the confirmation email with our volunteer waiver and policies.
4. Come to Community Servings at the start of your shift and receive our orientation and safe food training which will be provided for the whole group.
5. Volunteer for your shift time and know you've helped provide essential nutrition to those suffering from critical and/or chronic health conditions.