In your community.
Volunteering is usually once a week for 2 hours, or once every other week for 2-3 hours.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Volunteers 17 years old and under MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
During the COVID-19 crisis, we are advising all consumers to order groceries online. However, some consumers are unable to utilize online delivery services, and often there are large backlogs to ordering online. MABVI will connect volunteers who are willing and able to grocery shop for consumers.
Available to run a few errands for someone in need? Volunteers will collect funds, purchase groceries, and deliver groceries in a contact-free way.
Families will need to have a car.
To be matched with a consumer, prospective volunteers must:
- Complete an online application and choose from a list of tasks you are willing to help with, (volunteers can choose to help with more than one task)
- Take a virtual training
- Have a brief interview with the Volunteer Department Staff
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for more details.
- Complete this form.
- Select "Family Volunteer"
- Let them know you heard about this opportunity through Project Giving Kids.
- You will be matched based on your location, etc.
- If you have any questions, please contact Alexandra Maggio at firstname.lastname@example.org for Eastern MA (East of Worcester County) or Neejaa Edmonds at email@example.com for Central & Western MA.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.