FoLAR’s Great LA River CleanUp / La Gran Limpieza takes place every year at eleven carefully selected sites throughout the upper, middle, and lower reaches of the Los Angeles River.
The CleanUp spans three Saturdays during Earth Month: April 13th (Upper River), 20th (Middle River), and 27th (Lower River). CleanUp activities run from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. each day.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Mom, Dad or other grown-up (some adult facilitation/involvement required)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
When people throw trash into the street, a lot of it flows into the nearest waterway. The LA River is 51 miles long and flows through 14 communities, touching millions of lives along the way, although many people still don’t know it exists. The Great LA River CleanUp is our chance to remove all of the trash that washes from the streets into the River before it goes into the ocean. Removing garbage also makes the River a healthier, more beautiful and happy place for anyone who wants to come ride bikes, kayak, or play in green spaces nearby during the upcoming recreation season. When we protect our water, we protect the lives of animals and humans alike!
FoLAR's Great LA River CleanUp is the largest urban river cleanup effort in America - and maybe even the world! Last year, 10,000 volunteers removed over 100 tons of trash from the River, which would otherwise flow into the Pacific Ocean. Protecting our River means protecting our ocean!
1. Completed online registration and waiver form
2. Long pants, clothes-toed shoes, and gloves
2. Reusable water bottle, hat, and sunscreen, as needed
Kids under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. We recommend that kids under 10 are given increased supervision onsite.
To learn more about the Great LA River CleanUp or to register, visit the FoLAR CleanUp page. If you have questions, call the FoLAR office at (323) 223-0585 or email email@example.com. Kids under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
1. Pick which date and location you’d like to come help clean the River. Details can be found here.
2. Sign up online by selecting your preferred date/location and completing the online registration.
3. Come to the CleanUp location you picked on the date you selected. Make sure to wear long pants, shoes, a hat, and sunscreen!
4. Have fun and help clean the River before all the trash flows into the ocean!
NOTE: For common questions concerning the CleanUp, click here.