San Francisco Campus for Jewish Living
302 Silver Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94112
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDMom, Dad or other grown-up (some adult facilitation/involvement required if under 14)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Society often overlooks adults as they age. Your involvement helps prevent isolation and reminds older adults that they are still valued and brings joy and purpose to their lives!
Do you have a green thumb? From residents' personal plants in their rooms to our Goodman Building's outdoor garden, you can partner to make sure plants are nurtured and watered. Flexible hours.
*Note: We ask that you commit to 40 years of volunteer service per year.
Good communication skills, willingness to spend one-on-one time with seniors, experience and interest in gardening
Children under the age of 14 may need supervision. Please note all volunteers must complete an orientation/training and are required to take a Tuburculosis Test (as we are a skilled nursing facility).
Visit our website at www.sfcjl.lorg and fill out the under 18 online volunteer application. Contact the Director of Volunteer Services, Key Shade, at 415-469-2229 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to schedule an orientation/training. Volunteers under 14 need to be accompanied by an adult.
1. Decide if you have reliable transportation and time to help enhance the lives of a seniors. If so, talk to your parents about getting involved with the San Francisco Campus of Jewish Living.
2. Complete our online volunteer application.
3. You will be contacted once your application has been reviewed to discuss our required orientation/training.
4. Attend required orientation/training. Take required TB test.
5. Once approved as a volunteer, contact the Director of Volunteer Services, Key Shade.
6. Schedule an initial visit facilitated by the Director of Volunteer Services.