At Household Goods, Inc., 530 Main Street, Acton.
Unload vehicles and deliver items to correct showroom location. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 8:45 AM-Noon
Work with clients and Client Assistants to load furniture into vehicles. Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:45 AM-Noon
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday 12:45 PM-4:00 PM
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Must be over 14 years old and able to lift and move large and sometimes heavy furniture. Great activity for athletic teams, Cub Scouts, etc.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
We rely on hundreds of volunteers to help receive goods from donors and then distribute them to people in need. Every year, our volunteers help 7000 people from 2500 homes.
We need furniture movers to help move donated furniture into our showroom and/or into our client's vehicles.
Closed toe shoes (like sneakers). Strength and dexterity to move sometimes large and/or heavy furniture. Furniture movers work together to move larger items and use hand trucks and carts.
Volunteers must be willing to commit at least 30 hours their first year. Most volunteer shifts are 3 hours, so this is about 1 shift per month for a year or one shift a week for a few months.
Register as a volunteer on our site and sign-up for a volunteer orientation so you can begin moving furniture for us! Click on "VIEW INSTRUCTIONS" below.
- Visit the volunteer section of our website.
- Complete the online registration volunteer form.
- Once you have completed the form, you will be asked to select an orientation session.
- Click on one of the upcoming orientation sessions to sign-up for an Orientation Session. These sessions are 1.5 hours and are offered every other Saturday morning and Tuesday afternoons.
- Need help? Call Laura at 978-635-1710 ext. 6 with any questions or for help with registration.