DURATIONMore than 4 hours
This opportunity can be done remotely.
Interns are expected to work about 4-6 hours per week (TBD based on your schedule flexibility).
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Any qualified candidate is open to apply.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
We are seeking a dedicated, passionate intern who is committed to social, environmental and local action. This is an opportunity to develop valuable new skills while making a real and sustainable impact in Rhode Island.
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine Rhode Island is seeking a fundraising intern to assist in reaching out to different companies and individuals for sponsorships, planning a fundraising campaign and help applying for grants. You will be working primarily with our volunteer Fundraising Committee.
Although this is technically an unpaid internship, we are happy to offer a reimbursement of 5% of money raised (by you) to fund your internship. Intern will collaborate with Dana Siles, RLC New England Coordinator. RLCRI is happy to provide any documentation needed for students to receive internship credit for their university/college program.
- Encourage fundraising and corporate sponsorships
- Initiate creative fundraising mediums
- Plan a fundraising campaign for social media
- Research and write grant proposals to submit before deadline
- Coordinate with existing food donor partners and supporters for fundraising campaigns on behalf of their business supporting both their business and RLC
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Passionate about preventing wasted food; providing Food Justice for homeless and low-income people; and preserving the environment.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Google drive, docs & forms and Salesforce
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and work independently without supervision
Please email resume and 1-page cover letter directly from your email address (not via this web site) to Dana@RescuingLeftoverCuisine.org