At home or in your community
All year long
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Mom, Dad or other grown-up to help set up and execute the project
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Heal the Bay owes its 30 years of success to its thousands of volunteers and donors who make our work possible. By raising funds for Heal the Bay, you are helping us in our fight to keep our coastal waters and watersheds healthy, safe and clean for marine life and our communities.
Not interested or able to attend our beach cleanups but want to help Heal the Bay protect our beaches and the marine animals that live in our ocean waters? Maybe you are a rockstar at raising money at your school fundraisers and want to help us raise funds to continue our work keeping Southern California's coastal waters and watersheds healthy, safe, and clean. From holding a lemonade stand or bake sale to setting up your own fundraising page, you can help make a difference!
This totally depends on what you decide to do to help raise money. Needed items could range from lemonade, cups, signs and a table for a simple lemonade stand to a computer and a birthday for setting up a fundraising page for your birthday (rather than gifts). It's up to you what you do and what you'll need, but Mom, Dad or other grown-up can help you figure that part out.
Figure out a fundraiser that sounds fun to you - lemonade stand, bike wash, bake sale - and follow the instructions provided. For questions or for more information, email Marslaidh Ryan, Aquarium Director, @ firstname.lastname@example.org
See "View Instructions" for details.
1. Brainstorm some fundraising ideas with a parent, guardian or Heal the Bay staff member.
2. Create posters, flyers or a fundraising page for your event. Make sure to tell your donors about Heal the Bay, what we do, and more importantly, why you are helping out. You can also help raise money through our online site.
3. Invite those who participate in your fundraiser to become a Heal the Bay member.
4. After collecting all the funds from your event, mail or bring your donation in person to the Heal the Bay main office at 1444 9th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401.
5. Be sure to let us know this activity came from PGK.
6. Fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.