Your food drive can be done from the comfort of your home, school, or office.
Delivery Monday-Friday 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
An adult with a vehicle needed to deliver donated food to our food pantry located at 185 Columbia Rd, Dorchester, MA 02125.
*Be sure to also have gloves and other sanitizing products on hand to disinfect donations and/or otherwise protect yourself, as necessary.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Catholic Charities of Boston (CCAB) proudly operates five food pantries across Eastern Massachusetts to distribute food to those in our communities who face food insecurity. Food insecurity is particularly on the rise now as we continue responding to the economic impacts of COVID-19. In fact, CCAB has distributed nearly 2 million lbs. food since March 2020.
Friends Feeding Families is a year-round program to help end hunger by rallying members of our communities to provide food for our neighbors in need. It is meant to shine a light on the issue of food insecurity in our area while raising critical donations in the form of food and grocery store gift cards. We rely on community support to help families who support. Joining us in Friends Feeding Families is a great way to get involved with CCAB and support local communities. Thanks to supporters participating in Friends Feeding Families, our families don’t have to decide between paying their utility bills and putting dinner on the table.
Due to COVID-19, more and more families in Boston find themselves in need of support. This includes access to nutritious food. By putting together a bag of food (or more than one) and delivering your donation to our food pantry, you will be helping a family put dinner on the table. Collect nonperishable food items and deliver them to Catholic Charities of Greater Boston’s food pantry located at 185 Columbia Rd. Dorchester, MA 02125. Any size donation creates an impactful difference in someone's life facing food insecurity.
Bags to collect food/hygiene items. Transportation to drop off the items after the collection.
Pick a date to start your food drive. Let your friends, family, colleagues know how and where you will be collecting! Scroll down to "VIEW INSTRUCTIONS" for step-by-step instructions.
- Decide what kind of nonperishable items you would like to donate and set a timeframe for when you would like to donate. Needed items often include Dry milk, oatmeal, pasta, canned vegetables, instant potatoes, canned tuna or salmon, and peanut butter. Please click HERE for a recommended list of items families would appreciate.
- Be sure to also have gloves and other sanitizing products on hand to disinfect donations and/or otherwise protect yourself, as necessary.
- Please be sure to note we do not accept:
- Food items in glass containers
- Food items past expiration date
- Perishable food items
- Next, once all food items are collected, place them in a grocery bag or a bag of your choice.
- Print, complete and insert this slip with your delivery so we know you learned about us through PGK.
- Contact Megan Calderon at firstname.lastname@example.org with your planned delivery date.
- Finally, deliver to Catholic Charities of Greater Boston’s food pantry located at 185 Columbia Rd. Dorchester, MA 02125 and deliver to our front desk! We are open Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM. Please remember to wear a mask!