DURATIONMore than 4 hours
The drive activity can be done in and around your neighborhood.
The sorting and preparing of the Ziploc bags can be done by the volunteer or collectively as a family project.
Welcome Home bases its services on being able to provide gently-used/like new items to their clients.
Running drives can be done throughout the year.
Springtime is a great time for cleaning and Summertime is a great time for kids to do projects like drives.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Certainly, there is some adult guidance required with running a drive. It's also the perfect opportunity for families to collaborate on projects and contribute to the greater community.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Recipients are in need of the most basic items, like forks, spoons and knives. Your donation is greatly appreciated.
Our clients are in constant need of flatware. We are looking for families that could do a drive, collect the silverware, and sort them into Ziploc bags. Each bag will contain four knives, four spoons and four forks.
Ziploc Bags, Brown Paper Bags, Printer Paper, Colored Pencils or Markers or Crayons
The minimum age for this project is 7 years old. However, an adult will want to supervise and work with the volunteer to run a drive.
Interested in managing a home goods drive for flatware/silverware?
Contact Cara Dennis, our Drive Coordinator, at 617-454-4795 or email Cara at email@example.com to get started!
- Start by writing a message to your neighbors that you are doing a silverware drive for Welcome Home.
- Have Cara review it and revise, if necessary. It should include a future date that you will pickup the filled bag with the silverware donation.
- Take the approved letter and attach it to a brown paper bag. Then, it's time to walk through the neighborhood and leave a bag on your neighbor's porch or step.
- You can also leave a collection bin on your porch or in a public location.
- Once you've collected all the donation bags, you will sort the utensils into 3 groups: Knives, Forks, Spoons.
- Collecting each of these groups, you will select four of each item and put them into a Ziploc bag.
- Print, complete and include your PGK Donation slip and arrange a time to drop off!
- Know you have made an incredible contribution to families you do not even know.