Greater Boston Area and throughout the State of Massachusetts.
It takes less than an hour and you can set your own schedule , whether you want to help out daily, weekly, or sporadically. Any time of year!
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER AS AN INDIVIDUAL, A SMALL GROUP TOGETHER OR A ROTATING GROUP. Anyone can volunteer: whether you’re 9 or 99, travel by 4 wheels, 2 wheels or 2 feet, you can volunteer!
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Rescuers help bring food from our partners to a local homeless shelter. For every six pounds you save, you feed five people. Volunteering less than one hour donates nutritious food for an average of 40 people.
We are seeking volunteers to sign up for various ongoing Rescue Events.
- Our volunteers are asked to pick up food and bring it directly to the non-profit food recipient (no stops in-between for food safety). For most pickups, being on foot or bicycle is fine. For others, a car is needed. You’ll know how much food is available to rescue by checking the calendaror logging into your account to view an Emergency Rescue.
- We ask our volunteers to take a picture of the do
For kind kids under 16, an adult must be present, making this a gratifying family effort. Young adults under 18 must sign a parental consent form.
Create your account; sign up for volunteer events, and get started!
- Go to www.RescuingLeftoverCuisine.org/MA.
- Click the "Volunteer" oval.
- Complete the sign-up form, and be sure to let RLC know you heard about them from Project Giving Kids (PGK)!
- If you are under 18, you will need to submit a signed parental consent form.
- Confirm your RLC account by checking your email inbox. Go ahead a click on "confirm my account".
- You will be taken to a 'sign-in' page where you can sign in for the first time. It will then take you to the RLC Home Page.
- On the top banner of the Home Page, click "Calendar". Or, visit www.tinyurl.com/RLCMA-AV. Find the date(s) that works for you and click on them. An 'events page' will pop up with the details of the event. Scroll down and click on the green "Attend Event" button to confirm your participation as a volunteer. (Or, visit www.tinyurl.com/RLCMA-AV.)
- You will receive a confirmation email from RLC which will include the location, time, date of event as well as the Lead Rescuers contact info.
- Volunteer Event: You’ll pick up the food, take some pictures, bring it over to the designated shelter/soup kitchen, upload the pics to our site.
- We hope you and your friends will sign-up for more volunteer opps.
- Have additional questions? Contact Dana@RescuingLeftoverCuisine.org.