Santa Maria Urban Ministry @ 778 S. Almaden Ave, San Jose, CA 95110
- Monday-Fridays from 9:00 am- 11:45 am
- First and third Saturdays
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Can accommodate individual volunteers or group projects.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Every day Santa Maria Urban Ministry feeds more than 50 individuals and families. With a very small staff, we are dependent on the help of volunteers to pack food to feed the hungry.
We know our clients by name; we know their children and their grandchildren. We now have families with children attending college.
Santa Maria Urban Ministry was founded in 1983 to provide emergency food to impoverished families in downtown San Jose, California. Santa Maria has provided a food pantry continuously for 37 years.
Volunteers are always needed for our Food Pantry Support!
Organizing, distributing, loading food boxes, etc.
Spanish-speaking is NOT a requirement for any of these volunteer opportunities.
- Sort food
- help with free farmer's market
- make bagged lunches for the homeless
Closed toed shoes and layered casual clothing (the warehouse can be cold!) and MASKS REQUIRED!
No experience necessary.
Youth age 10-12 preferably should have an adult chaperone, Youth 13- adult can volunteer on their own.
For more information about becoming a volunteer, contact email@example.com or give us a call at 408-292-3314
Check out our website and mission! Then, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 408-292-3314.
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for details.
- Contact email@example.com or give us a call at 408-292-3314 to sign up for a shift!
- Make sure you have a mask.
- Be sure to coordinate with a parent/guardian.
- Let us know that you found this volunteer opportunity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.