Sacred Heart Community Service
1381 S 1st Street
San Jose, CA 95110
Ongoing activity throughout the year.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Mom, Dad or other grown-up (some adult facilitation/involvement required).
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
In the warehouse, we distribute food, clothing, and other essential items to over 400 families each day. This is one way in which we work to create a community united to ensure that every child and adult is free from poverty.
A warehouse shift is a volunteer shift in our food pantry. The responsibilities in the food pantry include greeting donors, accepting donations, unloading and sorting donated items, putting together food bags, and directly serving our families.
All Sacred Heart volunteers will need to complete an online volunteer profile and a volunteer orientation in order to participate in a warehouse shift.
All volunteers must be 9 years old or older.
Volunteers under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult. All warehouse volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation in order to begin volunteering in the warehouse, and minors must have a parental permission form completed and signed.
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for more details.
- Complete a Sacred Heart volunteer application. (This can also be found by visiting our website and clicking on the "Get Involved" button.)
- Once you have created an online volunteer profile, you will be asked to attend a one-hour long volunteer orientation.
- Schedule a shift by either logging into your online profile or emailing our Sacred Heart Volunteer Office.
- Show up and make a difference!
- Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer opportunity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.