In your community: grocery store, home, neighborhood, place of workship and/or school.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Class, troop, or other group of like-minded kids (some adult involvement may be required to help with planning and drop off of collected items)
*During COVID-19, this is best suited as a family activity from home.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
We serve families and children facing critical illness. The programs we offer support the wholeness of a family. To achieve this, There With Care works with the families to identify their day-to-day stresses and provide support to ease their burdens. Having easy snacks and meals on hand allows families to focus on their sick child rather than their next snack or meal.
Make snack bags for families with a critically ill child. "Easy Meal Care Bags" "are substantial bags filled with both snacks and essentials for families, so they can focus on what is important - their child. Use our suggested list to buy snacks, assemble them into a "care bag" (include a card!), and deliver to our Redwood City warehouse so we can deliver them to families in a medical crisis.
We invite you to shop and put together Easy Meal Care Bags. Suggested items to include are:
- 2 x 12fl oz Gatorade/sports drinks
- 2 x 6.75fl oz boxes of shelf-stable milk
- 2 x 10+ oz pull-open top cans of chunky soups with protein
- 2 x 2oz single-serving microwavable mac & cheese bowls
- 2 single-serving oatmeal bowls or cereal boxes
- 2 single-size bags of salty snacks/chips
- 4 energy bars/granola bars
Approximate cost/donation per snack bag is about $15.
For more information or to schedule a drop off of completed bags, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gather and organize the items required for each easy to make care bag! Check out the step-by-step instructions.
1. Purchase items from suggested list or do a drive to collect suggested items.
2. Insert items into a grocery bag, paying close attention to suggested quantities.
3. Create a cheerful tag or note to be included in/on each bag. Consider decorating with stickers, ribbon, etc. and include your group name: "Made lovingly by Troop#515" or "Awesome company X" or "The Fabulous Family."
4. DROP-OFF items into the collection barrel outside the office at 2682 Middlefield Road, Suite H, Redwood City, between 9:00am and 2:00pm, Monday through Friday. Please call 650-268-8555 before you arrive. During COVID-19, you can also purchase these items from our Amazon Wish List for direct delivery to our office.
* Please note, food must be sealed in original packaging. No ziploc bags with portioned items.