A Safeway store in San Francisco or Marin.
WHENCertain times a year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The San Francisco - Marin Food Bank will be able to build more complete non-perishable meals for our neighbors in need. This will save us valuable funds to purchase other types of food as well.
Encourage your neighbors to donate food for our community!
Each year, we partner with our friends at NBC Bay Area and Safeway for the Feed The Need holiday food drive.
Volunteers are stationed in a Safeway store encouraging shoppers to purchase a bag of items for donation to a local food bank. Your group may also be featured live on NBC Bay Area!
Nothing is required, but many groups make signs and/or post on social media to help promote.
All ages are welcome at these opportunities! We have found youth to be the best fit for this drive.
Please plan to have 2-6 people at each shift.
Contact us to learn more, 415-282-1900, x316 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for details!
- Arrive at the store during your selected time.
- Find a Safeway staff person to get set up.
- Encourage shoppers to buy a bag of groceries!
- Report back to Cody who volunteered: email@example.com.
- Be sure to let Cody know that you found this volunteer opportunity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.