DURATIONLess than 30 Minutes
From the comfort and safety of your home
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Youth-led initiatives help make changes that are long-term and sustainable. You have the power to make a difference!
Learn what classifies as e-waste (electronic waste) and the importance of proper disposal. Explore the negative environmental impacts of creating and improperly disposing e-waste.
- 1 medium to large cardboard box or bin
- Coloring pencils or markers
- Internet access
- Stickers and/or other decorating materials
Learn about the different disposal methods of old electronics and create your e-waste bin to use at home!
Your Challenge: Follow the instructions to create a household e-waste bin:
- Find a medium-to-large cardboard box or bin.
- Research online or refer to the Watch and read it! section to find out common household e-waste items.
- On the sides of the box, write the different types of e-waste that can be put inside for recycling.
- Use CalRecycle to find the nearest e-waste recycling facility and write down the name and address on the box.
- Use colored markers, stickers, and whatever is found at home to decorate your new e-waste bin!