At your school
All year long
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
None (although support from school personnel is necessary)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Did you know? Last year 30,000 dogs were taken into Los Angeles shelters. Education is critical to addressing the companion animal overpopulation problem and empowering people of all ages to make an immediate impact in the community.
This positive and engaging FREE program will share facts about overpopulation, current events, social responsibility, and abuse while teaching character traits such as citizenship, compassion, and respect along the way. By bringing this education to your school, you will help dogs, animals and man alike!
Organize a Karma Rescue education visit to learn why it is important to spay or neuter your pet and how to be an animal advocate. Plus, students get to interact with the "canine ambassadors" that accompany the Karma team!
1. Access to a computer and printer
2. Paper & tape to make and hang flyers/signs
This is an activity specific to high school students. Karma Rescue's 60+ annual events reach over 5,000 people via visits to schools, colleges, libraries, and other locations. We can easily provide guidance on how to approach school administration or work with Risk Management teams to gain approval for the canine ambassadors to come to campus.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information,
1. Talk to your teacher or principal about organizing a visit to your school. Bring a copy of the online program description with you.
2. Pick a location that can accommodate us.
3. Pick a date for the visit. Check that Karma Rescue is available by emailing email@example.com
4. Work with the school to secure parking and a projector/screen to show Power Point slides and video. (For groups over 50 people, kindly ensure a microphone and speaker set is available.)
5. Create an e-flyer talking about the visit and what classmates will learn.
6. Email, text, Instagram, and/or Facebook the event. Print flyers or make signs to post around school as well.
7. Welcome Karma Rescue and the canine ambassadors on the designated date and be prepared to learn and have fun!