DURATIONLess than 30 Minutes
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Treat your furry Valentine to something special this year by whipping up this easy DIY dog treat recipe!
- Natural Peanut Butter
- Plain, organic Greek Yogurt
- heart-shaped (or any shape) ice tray or muffin pan
You could easily change things up by layering in more of your pup's favorite ingredients, like crushed up dog treats or even oatmeal.
Gather your Supplies and Get Started
Adapted from 17 Apart: What's great about these treats is how simple they are to make and store. They require minimal and completely natural ingredients, can be made in large batches to store in a freezer bag.
- Spoon a small amount of peanut butter into the base of the ice tray. You can heat up the peanut butter first to make it easier (and not so messy) to spoon in. The more you add, the thicker the top layer on the treats will appear.
- Next up, dollop heaping spoonfuls of the yogurt to cover the peanut butter in each mold.
- Press yogurt down into the molds using the back of your spoon to make sure they're packed. This will help seal the peanut butter and yogurt together in the final treat. You can even gently "drop" the tray a few times in order to encourage further settling. If you have excess yogurt in any of the molds, gently scoop away until level with mold.
- Place the tray into the freezer for at least 4 hours. Once frozen, remove tray and pop out individual frozen treats.
- Store in container in freezer.