In your community: grocery store, home, neighborhood, place of workship and/or school.
Ongoing activity throughout the year
WHO NEEDS TO HELPClass, troop, or other group of like-minded kids (some adult involvement may be required to help with planning and drop off of collected items)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
We serve families and children facing critical illness. The programs we offer support the wholeness of a family. To achieve this, There With Care works with the families to identify their day-to-day stresses and provide support to ease their burdens. Having easy snacks and meals on hand allows families to focus on their sick child rather than their next snack or meal.
Make snack bags for families with a critically ill child. "Easy Meal Care Bags" "are substantial bags filled with both snacks and essentials for families, so they can focus on what is important - their child. Use our suggested list to buy snacks, assemble them into a "care bag" (include a card!), and deliver to our Menlo Park warehouse so we can deliver them to familes in a medical crisis.
Suggested items for each "Care Bag:"
- Vitamin water/Gatorade/sports drink (no bottled waters) (4)
- Kid's juice box (4)
- Campbell’s chunky soups or similar type soup with protein with pull open tops! (4)
- Single serving microwavable mac & cheese (2)
- Oatmeal bowl (no dish required or just add water) (2)
- Small plastic container/pouch of peanut butter (1)
- Cracker sleeve (such as Ritz) (1)
- Small Chex mix bag or salty snack/chips (2)<
Approximate cost/donation per snack bag is about $15.
For more information or to schedule a drop off of completed bags, email Jennifer Thurlow at Jennifer.Thurlow@therewithcare.org
1. Purchase items from suggested list or do a drive to collect suggested items.
2. Insert items into a ziploc bag(s), paying close attention to suggested quantities.
3. Create a cheerful tag or note to be included in/on each bag. Consider decorating with stickers, ribbon, etc. and include your group name: "Made lovingly by Troop#515" or "Awesome company X" or "The Fabulous Family."
4. Deliver bags to There With Care's Menlo Park warehouse.
* Please note, food must be sealed in original packaging. No ziploc bags with portioned items.