At home from your kitchen table!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Some adult help may be required.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Mending Kids gives sick kids life-saving surgical care while advancing education and training towards medical sufficiency in their communities.
Since 2005, we have mended thousands of children in over 66 countries, including the US.
Families with sick children need to focus all of their love and attention on their family. Fun, creative and soap made with love will not only help the family take care of hygiene, but also know they are loved with gifts from our community.
Easy DIY Soap! Make your own colorful soaps to help support families taking care of sick children.
Soap will be provided to kids served by Mending Kids AND to local homeless families in Los Angeles.
- Purchase solid Glycerin soap base your local craft store or online at Amazon
- A cupcake tray
- Food dye or soap dye
- Soap scent or regular essential oil
- Glass measuring cup
Watch how we make soap! Then, prepare all your supplies! Check out the step-by-step guide below for more detailed instructions.
- Organize your supplies
- Chop your glycerin soap base into cubes
- Put all your cubes into the glass measuring cup
- Microwave for 30 seconds, stir frequently
- Once soap is melted, add in your scents and colors
- Pour your soap into the cupcake molds (1/2 way)
- Add cute toys if you want!
- Wait 2-3 hours for soap to harden
- Use the knife to pop out the soap from the mold.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate a drop-off or ship to: Mending Kids/WeWork, Suite 120, 21255 Burbank Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 91367
- Fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.