In the comfort of your own home at your kitchen table or living room floor! Put on your fav Netflix show and tie away!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Some adult help may be required.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Warm, cozy and colorful blankets help keep our community warm, protected and feel loved.
Help us lift the spirits of those in need and create a society in which all people flourish. By crafting easy-to-make tie blankets for our community of friends, you will help people in San Francisco facing poverty and homelessness experience a little more warmth and comfort.
- Two 2.5 yards of fleece
Adults, this activity might need your help to purchase fabric, measure fabric and help cut! This is a fun activity to do together!
Watch this clip on how to make a DIY tie blanket. Then check out the list of needed supplies, organize your supplies and then check out the step-by-step instructions!
1. Lay the fabric on top of each other
2. Cut out 4 inch squares at every corner
3. Cut 4 inches down about ever 1.5 inches (kind of like a fringe)
4. Tie your knots!
5. Repeat on each side until complete
6. Email Steven Rolon to coordinate shipment or a future drop off at our offices in San Francisco!