You choose the place: at home, at school, local business, place of worship, scout or girl scout troop.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to drop off items here:
Hyde Park: 63 Sprague Street, Hyde Park, MA 02136
All year long
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Class, scout troop, or other group of like-minded kids (although adult facilitation, and assistance with transportation, may be required)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Room to Grow serves about 400 families raising babies in poverty. The items you collect will immediately go home with families in need of essential baby clothing, books, toys and gear. Many of these families would not have access to these items without your help.
We need your help securing baby essentials for the Boston babies enrolled in Room to Grow's program. We accept new and nearly new clothing, books, toys and other baby essentials in truly excellent condition.
- Bins, baskets and/or boxes to collect items
- Posters (Room to Grow staff can assist with ideas)
- Computer/email to help promote your drive
You can host a drive to collect a range of items we accept or choose to run a drive with a focus on a specific item. Here are some ideas:
- Shoes (infant to size 11)
- Toys (appropriate for newborn to age 3)
- Pajamas (up to size 5T)
- Board Books
- Winter coats (up to size 5T)
Please do not drop off items without an appointment. Thank you!
Decide when and where you will host your collection drive. Follow the detailed instructions below and register your drive here. Contact Allison Russo at email@example.com or (617) 586-4634, if you have any questions.
- Decide what baby items to collect for Room to Grow. You can collect one type of thing, like books, or you can collect all items Room to Grow collects. (See the list below or click here for a full list of items. Our urgent needs list is accessible here.)
- Choose a date (s) and location for your drive. Collection drives can last as long as you choose – from one week to one month – it is entirely up to you. Don't forget to register your drive with us too.
- Make posters (or ask for help from Room to Grow), and spread the word!
- Start collecting items. Have your bins accessible for deliveries if you are not available. You may want to check your bins periodically and clear them out, as necessary, to make room for additional donations.
- When your drive is over, please work with a parent or friend who can help you schedule a time to drop-off, and bring them to our Hyde Park location. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your drop-off.
- Print, complete and include this donation slip so we know you heard about us through PGK!
- Please call (617) 859-4545 when you are 5 minutes away to ensure that someone from our team can be ready for your donation.
- If you collect several items, your group can help pre-sort the items if you want an additional activity. Divide the clothing, toys and books into different bags. Then, divide clothing by size.
*Be sure to send us a picture of your collection drive. We would love to share what you've accomplished with others! Post pictures on social media with: #ProjectGivingKids #RoomtoGrow