In your community
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your gift will be greatly appreciated by these families going through difficult times.
we always welcome donation drives, especially for items noted on our Wishlist page, which are always in high demand at our Homeless Service Center and/or Food Pantry. Occasionally, we may also have opportunities for small groups of five to ten to volunteer together onsite.
Items Needed for Homeless Clients
- Body Wash
- Combs & Brushes
- Dental Floss
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Hand Lotion
- Hand Sanitizer
- Pet Food (for cats and dogs)
- Rain Ponchos
- Reading Glasses
- Reusable Water Bottles
- Socks & Underwear
- Tennis Shoes
- Women’s Undergarments
- Portable Chargers
- Trash Bags
- Decide when and where you will host your donation drive. For questions or to discuss what kind of drive would be most helpful at the current time, please contact Volunteer Relations Assistant Aurilla Stevson at (310) 396-6468, ext. 332
- Once you know what items you will be collecting, make signs and set up your collection boxes/bins at the location(s), clearly indicating what you are collecting, how long your collection will last, and that your collection will benefit the people served by St Joseph's. We suggest running your collection for at least two weeks.
- Tell friends, family, neighbors, teammates and others about your collection and encourage them to donate. Email and social media are great ways to share news of your drive.
- Collect items from the bins during the course of your collection drive.
- At the end of your collection period, contact us to arrange drop-off.
- Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer activity through PGK.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.
Sending or dropping off items to a nonprofit? Don't forget to tell them you found them through PGK! Download and print a packing slip here.