DURATIONLess than 30 Minutes
In any of these seven areas: Atlanta, GA; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; Massachusetts; New Jersey, New Orleans, LO; New York City; Rhode Island
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Millions of people around the globe are unable to get access to food, while countless meals are thrown away each day. We will get your extra food to those who suffer from food insecurity. Donations of "apparently wholesome food" donated in "good faith" to a "nonprofit organization" are protected by the Bill Emerson Food Donation Act.
Donate your excess food of any kind and in any amount, sporadically or on a set schedule. We’ll distribute it to nearby organizations to help provide meals to people facing food insecurity.
Enter your location HERE and you will be connected with the operational branch in your area. See "VIEW INSTRUCTIONS" below for step-by-step instructions.
- After submitting your location, the next step is to provide your contact information.
- Let us know if you will be donating your food less than once a week (e.g., one time only) or multiple times a week.
- Select the Date(s) you will donate.
- Use the drop down menu and select the types of food you will donate.
- In the Comments Section: please let us know you learned about this from PGK.
- Take a picture of the food you are donating and post to social media.
- Print, complete and include this slip with your donation.
- RLC will be in touch with pick up instructions.
- RLC will provide easy-to-access tax receipts for your food donations.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.