At home / in your neighborhood.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Help from mom, dad or another grown-up is needed
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
By making and selling dog biscuits you can help raise money for the MSPCA which takes care of and finds homes for thousands of homeless and unwanted animals each year. You will also help spread awareness of the importance of helping to protect and aid animals, especially those without a proper home. And of course, you'll be providing dogs with a tasty treat!
Selling homemade dog cookies is a yummy way to help the animals. After baking, package the cookies in bags with colorful ribbon and sell them to your neighbors or at a local dog park.
1. A dog cookie recipe (see VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below)
2. Packaging materials (plastic bags, ribbon)
Decide when and where to hold your bake sale and follow the instructions provided in VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below.
If you have questions, please contact Shannon Noyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Find a healthy dog cookie recipe (peanut-free recipe HERE) on the internet or at the library, or use the following recipe:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup peanut butter (optional)
2. Mix all ingredients into a bowl.
3. Roll the dough flat until it is about 1/2 inch thick. Cut out shapes using your favorite cookie cutters.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. After letting the cookies cool, package them up using plastic bags and colorful ribbon.
6. Sell them around your neighborhood to neighbors with dogs or visit a local dog park and ask people to support the MSPCA by buying the biscuits you have made.
7. Count up your earnings and give it to your mom or dad or other grown-up who can take the cash and make the donation to MSPCA.
8. Be sure to let us know that you found this activity through PGK.
9. Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.