WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Aging requires courage, stamina, love, and COMFORT! As we age, aches and pains develop; some little, some not so little. Have you ever sat in a hard wooden or plastic chair for more than a half hour? Imagine doing so if your bones hurt, if your muscles were tender! A little cushie comfort goes a long way toward helping our seniors feel just a little bit and often a lot better!
- old t-shirts (you can cut)
- fleece or other fabric
- pillow stuffing - you can use shirts to stuff your pillow, purchase pillow stuffing or use an old pillow/cushion
**please ensure all materials for the pillows are washed and clean**
- Gather your supplies from the required items list.
- Watch this Youtube video as a suggested way to make a DIY no sew pillow!
- See the step-by-step instructions!
- Have fun!
- Organize your supplies
- Watch this YouTube video
- Decide what stuffing you want to use. You can choose to stuff your pillow with an old cushion, cut up old t-shirts or use pillow stuffing!
Old cushion method:
- Take an old t-shirt
- One cushion
- One pair of scissors
- Lay out the t-shirt and place the cushion on top of the shirt
- Cut the shirt around the cushion leaving at least a 1 in margin
- Make a right angle cut on each corner
- Cut small strips on all 4 sides of the t-shirt
- Remove the top layer of the t-shirt
- Place the cushion on the bottom layer shirt
- Take the upper layer of the t-shirt and place over the cushion
- at the corner, take one strip from each side of the t-shirt and make a knot. Repeat the same knot on each corner.
- Make similar knots on all sides of the cushion (after you've tied a knot at each of the 4 corners!
If you're using stuffing or old t-shirts to stuff your pillow, follow the same steps above, but tie the four corners and 3 edges. Stuff and then tie the last 4th edge!