WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our shelter cats, dogs and rabbits stay happy and entertained while they patiently wait for new homes with the toys and treats made for them by volunteers like you.
Cats, dogs and rabbits at Pasadena Humane are patiently waiting for new homes. You can help entertain and keep them happy by making toys! Completed service projects may be submitted any time Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. to PH Volunteer Services Office. Please feel free to ask for a service hours acknowledgement form when you submit your completed projects.
- Paper Bags
- Toilet paper tubes
- A wood stick (store bought willow or apple sticks only)
- Twine or sisal (rabbit safe rope)
- Rabbits treats, timothy hay
Some adult supervision might be needed.
Collect and organize all your supplies! Then, "VIEW INSTRUCTIONS" for details.
- Cut off the bottom part of a paper bag
- Make a longitudinal cut to the bag on one side only.
- Lay out the paper, and put the toilet paper roll on it.
- Fill the toilet paper roll with treats, hay, and the willow or apple stick. (CAUTION: only use twigs or sticks that you have purchased from a pet store, and are meant for rabbits. Certain woods are toxic to rabbits.) The stick should be big enough to stick out at both ends of the toilet paper roll.
- Roll the toilet paper roll up in the paper bag.
- Cut off the excess paper, twist the ends and give to the rabbit for enjoyment.
- Submit completed projects to PH: 361 S. Raymond Ave., Pasadena, CA 91105.
- Be sure to let us know that you found this activity through PGK.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.