WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Some adult help might be needed with the oven and measuring ingredients.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our shelter cats, dogs and rabbits stay happy and entertained while they patiently wait for new homes with the toys and treats made for them by volunteers like you.
Cats, dogs and rabbits at the Pasadena Humane are patiently waiting for new homes. You can help entertain and keep them happy by making treats!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup peanut butter (almond butter)
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 cups old fashioned oats, divided
- mixing bowl
- electric mixer with paddle attachment
- cookie scoop
- airtight container
Great family activity!
Gather ingredients and supplies to start then read the step-by-step instructions detailed in "VIEW INSTRUCTIONS" to get started!
- Using the paddle attachment of an electric mixer, mix pumpkin puree, peanut butter and milk on medium until well combined (about 1 – 2 minutes). Gradually add in 2 ½ cup of the oats on low speed, just until incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, roll the mixture into 1 ¼ “ balls. Roll the balls in remaining oats, pressing to coat.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until firm, about 1 hour.
Completed service projects may be mailed to: 361 S. Raymond Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91105
- Be sure to let us know that you found this activity through PGK.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.