WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our shelter cats, dogs and rabbits stay happy and entertained while they patiently wait for new homes with the toys and treats made for them by volunteers like you.
Cats, dogs and rabbits at Pasadena Humane are patiently waiting for new homes. You can help entertain and keep them happy by making toys! Completed service projects may be submitted any time Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. to PH Volunteer Services Office. Please feel free to ask for a service hours acknowledgement form when you submit your completed projects.
- Zip tie or plastic ring from a milk container
- Many square pieces of fleece (recommended: 6 inches x 1.5 inches)
Collect and organize supplies! Then, "VIEW INSTRUCTIONS" for details.
- If you are using a zip tie then make the diameter of the ring about 1 inch long, and cut off tail end leaving just the circle.
- Take the square piece of fleece and cut it into 12-14 strips. Use additional fabric if
necessary to cover ring.
- Tie strips onto the ring. Please double knot it for extra safety.
- Continue tying fleece to the ring until you cannot see any part of it.
- Submit completed projects to PH: 361 S. Raymond Ave., Pasadena, CA 91105
- Be sure to let us know that you found this activity through PGK.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.
Note: Must monitor pet when they play with this toy.