WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our shelter cats, dogs and rabbits stay happy and entertained while they patiently wait for new homes with the toys and treats made for them by volunteers like you.
Cats, dogs and rabbits at Pasadena Humane are patiently waiting for new homes. You can help entertain and keep them happy by making toys! Completed service projects may be submitted any time Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. to PH Volunteer Services Office. Please feel free to ask for a service hours acknowledgement form when you submit your completed projects.
- Infant Socks (INFANT SOCKS ONLY)
- Stuffing or fiberfill
- Dry Catnip
Collect and organize supplies! Then, "VIEW INSTRUCTIONS" for details.
- Take an infant sock and fill from toe to heel with stuffing (stuffed portion of sock should NOT be longer than 2”)
- Add a pinch of dry catnip
- Pinch the sock around the heel and ankle, then stretch the ankle and cuff and tie the sock closed in a knot (do NOT use ribbon or string to tie sock closed). Note: finished toy should NOT be longer than 3 ½”
- Done! This is an easy cat toy to make, and cats love it
- Submit completed toys to PH: 361 S. Raymond Ave., Pasadena, CA 91105
- Be sure to let us know that you found this activity on PGK
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity