In your own home!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Some adult help might be needed with operating the oven and measuring ingredients.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our shelter cats, dogs and rabbits stay happy and entertained while they patiently wait for new homes with the toys and treats made for them by volunteers like you.
Cats, dogs and rabbits at the Pasadena Humane are patiently waiting for new homes. You can help entertain and keep them happy by making treats!
- 2 tablespoons oil (olive or coconut)
- 1 ¼ cup flour – plus additional flour for rolling the dough
- 1 tablespoon dried catnip (optional)
- ¾ cup shredded carrot
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cold water as needed
- Baking tray
- parchment paper
- mixing bowl
- cutting board
- rolling pin
- instrument for cutting (I used a pizza cutter)
- airtight container
Great family activity!
Gather ingredients and supplies then follow the step-by-step instructions in "VIEW INSTRUCTIONS" to get started!
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix 1 cup flour and oil until it looks sandy.
3. Stir in catnip and carrots until incorporated.
4. Mix in egg. Add water if the mixture is dry and not holding together. Add more flour if the mixture is too wet and sticky.
5. Sprinkle a flat surface with flour and roll out dough until it is ¼” thickness. Sprinkle dough with additional flour as needed.
6. Prick the dough with a fork. Cut dough into squares using a pizza wheel (or knife)
7. Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes or until brown.
8. Cool on a baking sheet and store in an airtight container.
*good for one week. If put in freezer they will last for 3 month
9. Completed service projects may be mailed to: 361 S. Raymond Ave. Pasadena, CA 91105
10. Be sure to let us know you found this activity through PGK.
11. Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.