virtual! Make cat beds at home, in school, with your friends!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Support our furry friends so they can have the best and healthiest experience in our shelters! Blankets will help them stay warm and safe.
SGV Animal Advocates wants to spread our message of hope and compassion. We believe that a single action can make a difference in the community, and that collective action can greatly impact the world. Through advocacy and outreach activities, our team works tirelessly each day to contribute their part to the greater good.
Our little kittens need a warm and comforting blankie to sleep on. Can you help us make beds for cats and their baby kittens?
- 2 pieces lightweight fleece material (36” x 24”)
Collect all the materials from the required supplies list, organize and then View Instructions to get started!
- Cut two pieces of fleece (36” x 24”)
- Lay 1 piece of fabric on a flat surface and cut 4” fringe along all 4 sides.
- Repeat this for the second piece of fabric.
- Layer the first piece of fabric on top of the second piece of fabric on top of a flat surface.
- Using a piece of fringe from the top layer and a piece of fringe from the bottom layer, tie a knot.
- Repeat knotting around all four sides.
The finished product should measure 24” x 36”
Once you've made your blanket, email us to coordinate shipment or drop off!