WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our shelter cats, dogs and rabbits stay happy and entertained while they patiently wait for new homes with the toys and treats made for them by volunteers like you.
Cats, dogs and rabbits at the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA (PHS) are patiently waiting for new homes. You can help entertain and keep them happy by making toys! Completed service projects may be submitted any time Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. to the PHS Volunteer Services Office. Please feel free to ask for a service hours acknowledgement form when you submit your completed projects.
- Piece of cardboard (recommended: 6? x 12?)
- Round template or compass to draw circles (recommended: 3? diameter)
Some adult help might be required.
Collect and organize all your supplies!
- Use the pencil to trace three circles of the same size on a piece of cardboard, and cut them out.
- Circle 1: On one piece cut four slits about 1/3 the length of the diameter that are of equal size and length. They should also be as evenly spaced as possible.
- Circle 2 & 3: On the other two pieces cut a slit half the diameter of the circle, and cut out a “T” shape.
- Take Circle 1 and fold it in half, which will reveal one slot in the middle.
- Take the folded Circle 1 and slide it into the T slot of Circle 2.
- Once the two circles are joined, unfold the flaps of the Circle 1 and fold them up.
- Now insert Circle 3 slot into Circle 3 slot.
- Raise flaps of Circle 1 to give the toy a 3D ball shape.