In your own home!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Some adult help might be needed with the oven and measuring ingredients.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our shelter cats, dogs and rabbits stay happy and entertained while they patiently wait for new homes with the toys and treats made for them by volunteers like you.
Cats, dogs and rabbits at the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA (PHS) are patiently waiting for new homes. You can help entertain and keep them happy by making treats! Completed service projects may be submitted any time Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. to the PHS Volunteer Services Office. Please feel free to ask for a service hours acknowledgement form when you submit your completed projects.
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (please use the kind that ONLY has pumpkin in it)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
Great family activity!
Gather ingredients and supplies to start baking!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir pumpkin, egg, carrots and flour in a large bowl until moistened.
- Roll the batter into small balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes.