In your home!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Some adult help might be needed with the oven and measuring ingredients.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our shelter cats, dogs and rabbits stay happy and entertained while they patiently wait for new homes with the toys and treats made for them by volunteers like you.
Cats, dogs and rabbits at the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA (PHS) are patiently waiting for new homes. You can help entertain and keep them happy by making treats! Completed service projects may be submitted any time Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. to the PHS Volunteer Services Office. Please feel free to ask for a service hours acknowledgement form when you submit your completed projects.
**We are not currently accepting at-home service project drop-offs due to COVID-19. Please mail them or hold onto your projects until we are able to accept them. Thank you!**
- 5 cups rolled oats (not quick)
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth/stock (or 1 tsp bouillon granules in 1 cup hot water)
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tsp salt (optional)
Great family activity!
Gather ingredients and supplies to start baking!
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Dissolve bouillon in hot water
- Add remaining ingredients
- Knead dough until it forms a ball (approximately 3 minutes)
- Roll dough until ½ inch thick
- Cut into slices or bone shapes
- Place dough pieces on lightly greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Once completed, plan to drop off or mail your completed treats to our Volunteer Services Office at 361 S. Raymond Ave., Pasadena, CA 91105 at a time that works for you.
**We are not currently accepting at-home service project drop-offs due to COVID-19. Please hold onto your projects until we are able to accept them. Thank you!**