WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our shelter cats stay happy and entertained while they patiently wait for new homes with the toys and treats made for them by volunteers like you.
Town Cats has rescued, helped, and adopted out thousands of cats to loving families. Our Mission is to alleviate the suffering of stray, abandoned, unwanted and feral cats in Santa Clara County and serve as advocates for all cats.
Cats are patiently waiting for new homes. You can help entertain and keep them happy by making toys!
- organic cat nip
- toilet paper roll
PO Box 1828
Morgan Hill, CA 95038-1828
Collect and organize your supplies then follow the step-by-step guide in VIEW INSTRUCTIONS!
- Take an infant sock and fill from toe to heel with stuffing (stuffed portion of sock should NOT be longer than 2”)
- Add a pinch of dry catnip
- Pinch the sock around the heel and ankle, then stretch the ankle and cuff and tie the sock closed in a knot (do NOT use ribbon or string to tie sock closed)
- Done! This is an easy cat toy to make, and cats love it
- Finished toy should NOT be longer than 3 ½”
- If you need a little extra help, check out this video on cat nip sock toys!
- MAIL your toys to Town Cats! PO Box 1828 Morgan Hill, CA 95038-1828
- Be sure to let us know that you found this activity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.