WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our shelter cats, dogs and rabbits stay happy and entertained while they patiently wait for new homes with the toys and treats made for them by volunteers like you.
Cats, dogs and rabbits at the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA (PHS) are patiently waiting for new homes. You can help entertain and keep them happy by making beds! Completed service projects may be submitted any time Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. to the PHS Volunteer Services Office. Please feel free to ask for a service hours acknowledgement form when you submit your completed projects.
- 2 pieces lightweight fleece material (18” x 24”)
collect and organize supplies!
- Lay 1 piece of fabric on a flat surface and cut 4” fringe along all 4 sides
- Repeat this for the second piece of fabric
- Layer the first piece of fabric onto of second piece of fabric and lay flat on a table or the floor
- Using a piece of fringe from the top layer and a piece of fringe from the bottom layer, tie a knot
- Repeat knotting around all four sides
- Finished product should measure 11” x 17”