In your home!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our shelter cats, dogs and rabbits stay happy and entertained while they patiently wait for new homes with the toys and treats made for them by volunteers like you.
Cats, dogs and rabbits at the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA (PHS) are patiently waiting for new homes. You can help entertain and keep them happy by making treats! Completed service projects may be submitted any time Tuesday through Saturday from 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. to the PHS Volunteer Services Office. Please feel free to ask for a service hours acknowledgement form when you submit your completed projects.
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled and grated (about ? cup grated apple)
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened natural applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup water
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
Great for the whole family!
Gather ingredients and supplies to start baking!
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Mix apple, applesauce, honey, water, and egg in a bowl. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Sift flour & cinnamon together.
- Add the flour & cinnamon mixture to the wet mixture in 2 or 3 additions, stirring well after each addition.
- Knead the dough by hand until all of the flour is absorbed, and the dough is smooth & flexible.
- Generously flour a board or countertop, and roll the dough to about ¼ inch thick.
- Cut the dough into about 1? pieces and arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until firm to the touch. Allow to cool completely.
- Store in a ziplock bag or other airtight container.