WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
This activity aids us in getting a sense of issues that are impacting communities beyond our own. We hope this encourages others to be called to act on behalf of these issues.
Our quilt block workshops are designed for individuals to critique their local and larger communities through art. These quilt blocks are then combined into community quilts that go on exhibit in museums and community centers. Participants of this workshop will engage in the pre-fabric design process.
- Printer paper
- Crayons/markers/colored pencils/pencil
Review the required supplies list and VIEW INSTRUCTIONS to get started.
- Discuss social justice and review examples of past quilt blocks with an SJSA team member
- Identify an issue that the participant would like to see more or less of in their local or larger community
- Design a quilt block on paper that is representative of that issue
- Share the art with peers or those in the workshop to determine clarity of the message
- Discuss and debrief the process with SJSA team
- Be sure to let us know that you found this activity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity