Driving from the Food Bank to an SF neighborhood.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Home-Delivered Groceries (HDG) is a San Francisco-Marin Food Bank program that brings a weekly bag of groceries to seniors and adults with disabilities who have difficulty going out to get food due to some physical or cognitive impairment. The goals of the HDG program are three-fold – provide nutritious food, reduce loneliness, and connect participants to additional services they may benefit from.
Load up your car and bring groceries on a weekly basis to homebound recipients. Right now we have an urgent need for help!
Your role as a volunteer is crucial because it is through you that these goals are accomplished. Not only are you bringing nutritious groceries like eggs, chicken, rice, pasta and lots of fresh produce, but you are bringing a connection to the world and helping these participants to age in place, in their own homes and communities.
Individuals or small groups up to 4 people, car preferred. MASKS REQUIRED.
All volunteers must:
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Attend provided training
- Submit a background check
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for details.
- To LEARN MORE CLICK HERE.
- To SIGN UP click HERE!
- Fill out the online registration form.
- Attend a training and submit a background and driving record check.
- Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer opportunity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.