At our family shelter in Northridge
All year long
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Mom, Dad or other grown-up
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
We rely on our volunteer dinner hosts every night to provide meals for our shelter guests. Dinner hosting at our family shelter helps provide for one of our guests' biggest needs, healthy and regular meals.
We all love a good dinner. Grab your family or a small group of friends and provide dinner for the 30 guests in our family shelter. You provide the meal, serve it, and help clean up. (You can even join the guests and eat with them too!)
Varies depending on meal provided (see instructions)
Changes for Deliver and Dine:
Guest count is 40-80 guests
Groups are 10 or less
Food needs to be catered or prepared in our kitchen or other commercial kitchen.
Decide on a dinner you would like to make and share. To sign up to host or for questions, contact the SFVRM Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or (818) 785-4476.
1. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 785-4476 for more information and to get registered to volunteer. She will provide you with available dates to choose from.
2. Decide on a meal plan for the evening you are scheduled to provide dinner based on the information provided. You can choose to bring food from a restaurant or bring supplies to cook a meal at our shelter. (No home-cooked meals are allowed other than those made on site at the shelter.)
3. On your assigned date, bring dinner and/or the necessary supplies to make dinner to the shelter at the designated time. (Be sure to account for adequate preparation time if you are making the meal on site.)
4. Serve the meal and join the fun. (You are welcome to eat with the guests and enjoy their company.)
5. Help clean up and call it a day knowing you've helped make an important part of our guests' day special.