DURATIONLess than 30 Minutes
Any where you are comfortable creating art.
Ongoing activity throughout the year.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
This activity can be completed by an individual, as a family or in a group (class, scout troop, or other group of like-minded kids). An adult assistance may be needed to gather supplies and ensure appropriate messaging, but the activity is geared toward either individual or group involvement and can be primarily executed by the children involved.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The decorated lunch bags show our guests that there are people who care about them in the community. Often, people who are homeless don't feel welcome anywhere and have to move from place to place. The cheerful lunch bags give them hope that their situation can get better.
Every week, in addition to a hot breakfast, Hope's Corner distributes over 500 bag lunches to homeless and low-income people. Our guests love to receive lunch bags decorated with happy and hopeful pictures and messages! Put your creativity to work and brighten their day! We use size #12 lunch bags that you can purchase at large grocery stores or online. Decorations can be done with markers, pencils, pens or paints, but please no glitter or stickers (which make a mess on our floor).
- New, size #12 paper lunch bags (brown or white are fine)
- Crayons, pencils, paints or markers for decorating
Collect and organize your supplies. Then, see VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for details.
- Decorate the lunch bag with cheerful and colorful drawings and/or messages. They can be related to holidays or seasons or just friendly messages, like "Have a great day!"
- Deliver the decorated bags Hope's Corner
748 Mercy Street, Mountain View at the following times:
- Wednesday 8am-12pm
- Thursdays, 4pm-5pm
- Friday 9am-12pm
- Saturdays, 8am - 12 pm
- Be sure to let us know that you found this activity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.