All year round
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Some help from Mom, Dad or a grown-up is required.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Making the cards makes you feel good because you're helping a child who has had to leave their home feel special. Sometimes, when a person is staying in a shelter, that place isn't even in their own neighborhood. And kids can really miss their friends from home. A friendly card makes them feel better.
Gotta Have Sole is a group that gives brand new sneakers to kids who are living in homeless shelters. Your job is to make one-of-a-kind cards using markers, stickers, and pencils and then write a friendly message on each one. Your card will be included with a pair of shoes given to a child in need.
1. 5x7 Card stock paper
2. Magic markers, colored pencils, stickers and creativity!
If a creative card-maker is too young to write or draw a picture, they can use stickers, and an older child can help write the message on the back.
Gather supplies and make your cards. Contact Nicholas Lowinger or Lori Lowinger at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions along the way. See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for details.
1. Your card will have two sides. On one side, draw a picture, or add stickers, glitter, or anything else you want. You can also download a template here.
2. On the other side, write a nice message like, "Have fun in your new sneakers!" or "You are special!" - anything that makes the person feel thought of and cared for.
3. Mail your completed cards to:
PO Box 8379
Cranston, RI 02920
4. Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer activity through PGK.
5. Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.