You choose the place: at home, at school, local business or place of worship
All year round
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
This project is suitable for either a family to do together or for a child to do with a group like a school class, scout troop, etc.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Room to Grow serves about 400 Boston families raising babies in poverty. The items you collect will immediately go home with families in need of essential baby clothing, books, toys and gear. Many of these families would not have access to these items without your help.
On your own or with a group, create baskets of essential baby items for the families enrolled at Room to Grow.
1. Baskets, gift bags or other creative carrying kits
2. Baby essentials to include in gift baskets
3. Ribbon to add flare to your gift basket
Talk with your friends, family or group about doing a drive. Select a date and time for making the baskets. Decide who will bring which items to the basket making party. If you have any planning questions, contact Josh Tingley at email@example.com or (617) 859-4545.
2. Distribute the list to friends and family who will help you out.
3. Look around the house for these items or go shopping. (Perhaps one family buys all of the items, or you assign one item to each person on your list.)
4. Select a time for all of your friends to meet up to make the baskets. Either use floor space or table space to line up your baskets and all of the gifts to put inside. Put one of each item in the basket.
5. Dress up each basket with tissue paper and ribbons.
6. When your baskets are all made, please work with a parent or other adult who can drive the items to the Room to Grow office at 142 Berkeley Street, Boston. When you arrive, we will help unload the car, and then you can visit our space to learn more about Room to Grow and the children you are helping.