At your kitchen table
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Adult help may be necessary to assist with sewing and mailing
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Help families stay connected and keep loved ones safe from harm.
Help make masks for families of kids that are sick. Families need immediate to receive protective gear. These masks will help families stay connected to their loved ones.
- Basic sewing supplies, including sewing machine
- About 15 cm (6”) of a suitable fabric (Fabric options) - including tightly woven cotton for the outside and tightly woven cotton or viscose/rayon for the inner lining - NOTE: JOANN Fabric Stores also
have pre-cut mask fabric available for pick up. Some are supplying the material and the elastic (so call your local store
to see if they have supplies)
Just some help from a parent with the sewing machine, as necessary
Follow the step-by-step instructions provided to get started.
Contact Mending Kids at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about where/how to donate masks locally.
- Click here for a 1-page face mask pattern and instructions sheet.
- Collect needed supplies and follow instructions carefully in making your masks.
- Once made, prewash your masks before donating.
- E-mail Mending Kids to coordinate shipment of completed masks at email@example.com to arrange a porch drop-off or pick-up (if in the local area)
- Reach out to friends and family to see if they too can help.
- Share your efforts on social media. Use the hashtags: #MNRSMaskMakers #MillionMaskMayDay
- Feel good knowing you are helping in this time of crisis!