Minimal contact within your community.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Some adult help may be required as an automobile driver is required. All drivers must have a valid driver's license and car insurance.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Food rescue is the heart of our organization. It's the original mission of Food Finders and you will be helping us fulfill that mission by taking surplus food and placing it in the hands of people who need it most. Without our food rescue volunteers our food rescue model wouldn't be possible!
Food Finders is in need of volunteers to pick up and donate good and wholesome food to charities across Southern California. Volunteers will be claiming food rescues in their general are, with our new free app, receiving 1-2 volunteer hours per route.
The car driver MUST have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
Due to COVID19, a face mask or covering is required to volunteer.
This volunteer experience is great for the whole family or high school students and up (with a valid driver's license looking to make an impact on their community).
Go to your app store and download our free app "Food Finders" and create a profile. See Step-by-step instructions for more specific details!
- Download the Food Finders App
- Create a profile and verify your email address
- Set your app preferences
- Complete the food safety training sent to you
- Watch our App Tutorial on Youtube here
- Visit Available Rescue Tab in your app
- Start claiming available food rescues in your area
- Be sure to let us know this activity came from PGK
- Fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity
For further assistance please contact Sylvia Rosas at (562) 283 1400 x112 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org