In your kitchen!
All year round
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Some help from a grown up is required.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
As a member of a Cooking team, your dish will be served, along with other dishes to create a complete home cooked meal for a group of people (homeless women and children, low income elders, people struggling with disabilities) who may otherwise go hungry.
Once a month, cook one part of a complete meal: main course, veggies, side dish or dessert for people in your community who may otherwise go without.
1. A recipe and ingredients from the grocery store to make your assigned dish.
2. A kitchen to make it in - with a stove, oven, fridge, cookware, etc.
3. Transportation so you can deliver your food once it's made.
To become a cook, please complete our survey here: https://communitycooks.org/join-us/
1. Sign up to join our community of Cooks and we'll send you a cooking assignment.
2. Find a recipe based on your assignment, and gather your ingredients.
3. Get cooking!
4. Have an adult deliver it to a specific location on a certain day (we will tell you that too and will try to make the location as close to your house as possible).