In your kitchen!
All year round!
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Some help from a grown-up is required.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
As a member of a Cooking Team, your dish will be served, along with other dishes to create a complete home cooked meal for a group of people (homeless women and children, low income elders, people struggling with disabilities) who may otherwise go hungry.
Sign up and we’ll assign you to a team of 5-10 like-minded neighbors. Each of you will provide one part of a meal… main meat dish, side pasta/grain, vegetable/salad, dessert/fruit.
- A recipe and ingredients from the grocery store to make your assigned dish.
- A kitchen to make it in - with a stove, oven, fridge, cookware, etc.
- Transportation so you can deliver your food once it's made.
To become a cook, please complete THIS FORM. Then, see "View Instructions" for more details.
- Sign up to join our Community of Cooks and we'll send you a cooking assignment. Be sure to tell them you heard about the opportunity from "Other" and write in PGK!
- Find a recipe based on your assignment, and gather your ingredients.
- Get cooking!
- Take pictures of your creations and post to social media and tag @Communitycooks and @ProjectGivingKids.
- Have an adult deliver it to a specific location on a certain day (we will tell you that too and will try to make the location as close to your house as possible).
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.